The South Australian Beef Cattle Breeders Association (ABN 29 806 726 259) is committed to promoting the interests of beef cattle breeders in South Australia and the improvement of stud and commercially produced beef cattle by; developing and maintaining high standards for the various pure beef breeds, protecting the interests of its members, promoting legislation for the prevention of disease in beef cattle, and encouraging high standards of judging in Stud Beef Sections of Agricultural Shows.
The Association will be presenting several activities in 2018, and will be offering financial members a discounted rate to attend workshops.
16 January - SA Bull Selection Day - Tungkillo
19 January - SA Beef Selection Day - Keith
11 March - School Steers Workshop - South East
25 March - School Steers Workshop - Adelaide Hills
15 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Strathalbyn
16 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Padthaway
17 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Mid North
The Association is also examining running a Beef Assessment School for students, agents and breeders interested in pursuing a career in the beef cattle and/or furthering their knowledge in August 2018.
In addition to these planned events, the Association’s Committee will continue to liaise with the Royal Adelaide Show’s Beef Cattle Committee on behalf of beef cattle breeders to ensure that the Show’s competitions – including the highly successful Led Steer Competition – remain among the best beef cattle events in Australia.
For further information on becoming a member, please contact the Secretary at email@example.com
Bull Selection Workshops:
SA Beef, RuralCo, and Thomas Foods invite all producers, agents, and interested parties to attend one of two informative on-farm Bull Selection Workshops. The workshops will have a strong practical 'hands on' focus to complement the important theoretical understanding of genetics that lend themselves to improved breeding and meat quality.
- Tuesday 16 January 2018
Bottlesford Murray Greys, Hobbs Road, Tungkillo
- Friday 19 January 2018
Hazeldean Angus, 4026 Riddoch Highway, Willalooka
A barbeque sausage sizzle lunch will be provided from 12.30pm with the presentations commencing at 1.30pm.
Cost : $35 for Members of the SA Beef Cattle Breeders Assoc.
$50 for non-members.
Payments on the day by cash or cheque.
RSVP : Judith McCallum for inquiries and for catering purposes on 0410 840 827 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johne's Beef Assurance Score (J-BAS) Information
- J-BAS - Information Sheet No. 1
- J-BAS - Information Sheet No. 2 - FAQ's
- J-BAS - Information Sheet No. 3 - Flowchart
- J-BAS - Information Sheet No. 4 - Livestock Movement Requirements
- J-BAS - Information Sheet No. 5 - Property Biosecurity Plan
- National Cattle Health Declaration Form
- PIRSA JD Biosecurity Plan Template
- 16 January - SA Bull Selection Day - Tungkillo
- 19 January - SA Beef Selection Day - Keith
- 11 March - School Steers Workshop - South East
- 25 March - School Steers Workshop - Adelaide Hills
- 15 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Strathalbyn
- 16 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Padthaway
- 17 May - Biosecurity and People Health - Mid North
- Junior Heifer Expo - will be held 16th-19th July 2018
Wayville Showgrounds, Adelaide
- SA Beef Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 30th August at 6.00 pm. Heavy Horse Meeting Room, Adelaide Showground.
Members have the opportunity to share their stud link and promote their page on this site.
For further information or to become a member, please contact the Secretary at email@example.com
Account name: Australian Rural Connect
Account No. 24406 9653